We use thousands of cards each year in our care packages. We include cards from people living all over the USA from all 50 states! From ages 2 to 102, thankful Americans are making cards and writing notes of encouragement for our troops.
We put at least 10 personalized cards and letters in each box. Your messages are the most important part of the package! If we send out 5,000 care packages, this means we need 50,000 cards. Recruit friends and family to make cards and write letters.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Buy a box of greeting cards, write a short note of encouragement to our troops and send them to us to be included in our packages.
- Fold a piece of paper in half and make your own card. We would love for schools, churches, and clubs to have their children spend a few minutes making cards.
- Write personal letters that can be included in the packages. A great way to start your letter is “Dear Service Member” or “Dear Friend”.
Do not put a date on them because they will be sent all during the year.
We do not need the envelopes, only the cards.
We can only accept Christmas cards during October, November and December. During the other months, please use non-holiday or patriotic themed cards.
Card & letter writing tips:
- Be positive and upbeat
- Be thankful
- Feel free to share a little info about yourself like hobbies, pets, etc
- Talk about things happening around home like the weather, sports, etc
- They love your drawings but avoid using glitter (they can actually get in trouble)
- Do not discuss inappropriate things
- Avoid politics or political statements
- Avoid lengthy religious discussions but saying you are praying for them is great
If you live in the Central Kentucky area, you can drop the cards off at our office. If you live in other areas of the country, please mail cards to the following address:
Military Missions Inc., 3650 Boston Rd., Suite 138, Lexington, KY 40514.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.